Re: [IP] Pump and Surgery

-----Original Message-----
From: Becky Draper <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Tuesday, April 07, 1998 8:10 PM
Subject: [IP] Pump and Surgery

>Hello all-
>Had a bit of an accident with my knee.  Now I have to have surgery on it
>next Tuesday.  Any advice from anyone who has experience with surgery
>while on the pump would be appreicated.
>Becky D.
>Becky Draper
>Hammond, WI
>email @ redacted

Let the surgeon know it's there.

Make sure the insertion site and tubing will not interfere.  I put mine on
the opposite side.

Make sure the surgeon can accept that it is there and necessarily so.  If
not have your endo contact your surgeon and get the surgeon straighten out
and comfortable with you artificial pancreas.