Challenging the Medical "Authorities" (was)Re: [IP] Snacks w/o bolusing

    Nothing wrong with questioning "authority figures" when your gut tells you
they're NOT right!!!..I too felt like I was "bad" for leaving the esteemed
Children's Hospital where my daughter had been treated, thinking they HAD to
know everything.....NOT!!!!....In fact, in retrospect, her ped. endo was
bordering on malpractice by insisting on "overseeing" her care that first
weekend she began pumping, when the doc herself didn't even know what basals &
boluses were (when the trainer asked her)!!!!!....Fortunately, my "gut" told
me to call Home Medical( where her supplies had come from )& speak to people
who were actually pumping when problems arose!!!!......And thus ended our
relationship with that hospital & that doctor, who after treating her for 3
1/2 years, never even inquired why we'd left!!!
      I concur completely with Judi's comments...Give yourself a pat on the
back for having the GUTS to go with your "gut"!!!!

Regards, Renee (Melissa's mom)