Re: [IP] Humalog and Kids

Kaseyfs wrote:
> << I have never had such good control as I have had with a pump and humalog
> but I
>  have also put myself in two VERY SERIOUS emergency situations in 1 1/2 years.
>  In 22 years prior, I was only in that type of situation once or twice.
>   >>
> Were these 2 situations due to lows? or DKA that wasn't caught soon enough?  I
> am a little hesitant to start Kayla on Humalog with the pump for the reasons
> you gave.  We use it now with injections and love it.  But I agree that it
> might be too much for her in the pump.  I'll need to find out more about this.

OK, but that's just 1 persons experience. Myself I've been using Humalog
in my pump since they started selling it, and haven't had any more hospital
visits because of it since. None before, none since, based on Humalog vs Regular
insulin. Only times I've been hospitalized in 42 years was for original
(after mis-diagnosis led to coma) in 1956, changing to Humulin with a new endo
who worried ttoo much, and 2 cases of flu that caught up to my stomach AFTER
I took my morning bolus and lost breakfast soon after eating.

As always, YMMV, but Humalog is easier to use in a pump than R ever was, IMHO.

Ted Quick