RE: [IP] "The Dress Dilemma"

Betty,Hi...I wear my pump in a cotton bra...I spoke last weekend to a group of people and of course they wanted to know where my pump was....in my bra in a baby sock..I'm not well endowed either and you couldn't even tell it was there...by the way the dress was straight and no bumps showed,except the obvious ones!!!!...good luck....(ask Barbara if it looked ok????) Barb????
Rhonda
----------

Now here's a minor problem but a major frustration:
How do you wear a one-piece dress w/o having an
unexplainable "bump" underneath?  You can laugh--I
know it's funny, but I've been wearing 2-peice
dresses, and button-fronts w/belts for many years,
and if there's a simple answer, it could bring me
some shred of joy!

---insulin-pumpers-digest
<email @ redacted> wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest      Monday, April 6 1998
  Volume 02 : Number 210

> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:23:29 EDT
> From: Mjrenstrom <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Glucose tabs stuck in tube
>
> Katie,
>
> > Walgreens carries Glucose Tablets. They are
fantastic for hpyos. I used to
> buy
> >  them in a jug but now can only find them in a 10
pack. It's in a tube
> >  container about the size of a pack of lifesavers.
> >

> Have you had a problem with the tube "going flat"?
By that, I mean flattening
> into a less than round shape.  This happens to the
tube in my purse and I've
> had some very frustrating instances when I couldn't
get the tabs out because
> they get stuck.  Not good when you are going low
and are already losing
> dexterity!
>
> If anyone has a nifty idea on an alternate
container, I'm all ears, er, eyes!

http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 5 Apr 98 19:27:17 UT
> From: "Patrick May" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer
Elite

> Hi Ernie - I just read your e-mail from 3.14.98 (I
only have some 5000 e-mails
> to read!) and saw you were interested in getting
another elite meter.  I run a
> business called Diabetes Resource Center and at the
present we are doing free
> elites for a trade-in.  If you are interested, you
could call 650.697.0233 or
> e-mail me back.  I'll try to watch for an e-mail
from you.  I was able to get
> my soft-serter free from Mini-Med with an invoice
showing purchases of
> soft-sets, although that promotion ended some time
ago.  But it certainly
> would be worth a call to Mini-Med.  I find most
manufacturer's are fairly
> accomadating, as long as you are using their
products!  Susan May -
> email @ redacted
>
> - ----------
ernie garcia
> Sent: 	Thursday, March 12, 1998 11:19 PM
> To: 	email @ redacted
> Subject: 	[IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer Elite
>
> Hi,
> I'm trying to build-up my backup kit, and I'm stuck
on two items:

> Minimed's Sof-Serter
> & a Glucometer Elite (BG meter by Bayer).
>
> Anyone have either, or both of these they'd like to
get rid of?

> I know I can buy the SOF-SERTER from Minimed for
$50.00, and the Glucometer
> Elite from my pharmacy at $75.00, but I hate to pay
retail for these.

> I already have one of each, but I'd like to keep a
backup set at the office.

email @ redacted
> DX ~18 years  Minimed 507 pumping Humalog ~ 5
months --& It's great!
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 5 Apr 98 19:27:17 UT
> From: "Patrick May" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer
Elite

> Hi Ernie - I just read your e-mail from 3.14.98 (I
only have some 5000 e-mails
> to read!) and saw you were interested in getting
another elite meter.  I run a
> business called Diabetes Resource Center and at the
present we are doing free
> elites for a trade-in.  If you are interested, you
could call 650.697.0233 or
> e-mail me back.  I'll try to watch for an e-mail
from you.  I was able to get
> my soft-serter free from Mini-Med with an invoice
showing purchases of
> soft-sets, although that promotion ended some time
ago.  But it certainly
> would be worth a call to Mini-Med.  I find most
manufacturer's are fairly
> accomadating, as long as you are using their
products!  Susan May -
> email @ redacted
>
> - ----------

Lawlessness ,  A free roll
> >of Sweethearts for the best answer to the
following question-

> >What did the Diabetic say to the police officer
who pulled her over for
> >weaving in and out of traffic ?
>
> I can't think of a damn thing (pardon my English)
that would be humorous in
> answer to this question.
>
> Diabetes and driving is a sore subject, and there
just isn't anything funny
> about it.  There's been too much noise made for too
many years about getting
> 'dangerous diabetics' off the road, and we
responsible ones will be the ones
> made to suffer for it when it finally occurs.
>
> Sorry to vent, but the thought of my license being
revoked because of my
> disease makes me really hot under the collar...
>
> DanO
>
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:52:30 EDT
> From: MADKT <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] refrigerating insulin
>
> Ruth,
> I work in the British Trade Centre in Houston.
Straight from an Irishman and a
> gentleman from Wales . . . both said it is rare for
the temperature to exced
> 72 degrees F. You can expect temps from 60 -70.
>
> Also, I've been on humalog for 1 1/2 years in
Houston and it gets hot!!!
> Haven't had a problem. I believe humalog is more an
issue with site than heat.
> But I do refrigerate my insulin until use. Then I
have a full cartridge for
> about 5 - 7 days unrefridgerated.
>
> The only time I've made allowances was when basking
in the sun. At that time I
> put my pump in a frozen cuzzie. :)
> Katie
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:53:28 EDT
> From: Yram1958 <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] glucose powder?
>
> The glucose tabs(DEX4) that Walgreens carries can
be order directly from Can-
> Am-Care Corperation 1-800-481-7448 in tubs of 50
tablets. I live in Arizona
> and can purchase them at Price Costco Club by 50
for $3.85. They come in
> lemon,grape,raspberry and orange flavor.With 3 of
us in my house having
> diabetes I usually end up bying 6 tubs at time  to
keep in hand.
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:58:09 EDT
> From: Yram1958 <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Glucose tabs stuck in tube
>
> I use a large prescription container it will hold 8
dex 4 tablets.