[IP] "The Dress Dilemma"

Now here's a minor problem but a major frustration:
How do you wear a one-piece dress w/o having an
unexplainable "bump" underneath?  You can laugh--I
know it's funny, but I've been wearing 2-peice
dresses, and button-fronts w/belts for many years,
and if there's a simple answer, it could bring me
some shred of joy!

---insulin-pumpers-digest
<email @ redacted> wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest      Monday, April 6 1998
  Volume 02 : Number 210

> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:23:29 EDT
> From: Mjrenstrom <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Glucose tabs stuck in tube
>
> Katie,
>
> > Walgreens carries Glucose Tablets. They are
fantastic for hpyos. I used to
> buy
> >  them in a jug but now can only find them in a 10
pack. It's in a tube
> >  container about the size of a pack of lifesavers.
> >

> Have you had a problem with the tube "going flat"?
By that, I mean flattening
> into a less than round shape.  This happens to the
tube in my purse and I've
> had some very frustrating instances when I couldn't
get the tabs out because
> they get stuck.  Not good when you are going low
and are already losing
> dexterity!
>
> If anyone has a nifty idea on an alternate
container, I'm all ears, er, eyes!

http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 5 Apr 98 19:27:17 UT
> From: "Patrick May" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer
Elite

> Hi Ernie - I just read your e-mail from 3.14.98 (I
only have some 5000 e-mails
> to read!) and saw you were interested in getting
another elite meter.  I run a
> business called Diabetes Resource Center and at the
present we are doing free
> elites for a trade-in.  If you are interested, you
could call 650.697.0233 or
> e-mail me back.  I'll try to watch for an e-mail
from you.  I was able to get
> my soft-serter free from Mini-Med with an invoice
showing purchases of
> soft-sets, although that promotion ended some time
ago.  But it certainly
> would be worth a call to Mini-Med.  I find most
manufacturer's are fairly
> accomadating, as long as you are using their
products!  Susan May -
> email @ redacted
>
> - ----------
ernie garcia
> Sent: 	Thursday, March 12, 1998 11:19 PM
> To: 	email @ redacted
> Subject: 	[IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer Elite
>
> Hi,
> I'm trying to build-up my backup kit, and I'm stuck
on two items:

> Minimed's Sof-Serter
> & a Glucometer Elite (BG meter by Bayer).
>
> Anyone have either, or both of these they'd like to
get rid of?

> I know I can buy the SOF-SERTER from Minimed for
$50.00, and the Glucometer
> Elite from my pharmacy at $75.00, but I hate to pay
retail for these.

> I already have one of each, but I'd like to keep a
backup set at the office.

email @ redacted
> DX ~18 years  Minimed 507 pumping Humalog ~ 5
months --& It's great!
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 5 Apr 98 19:27:17 UT
> From: "Patrick May" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer
Elite

> Hi Ernie - I just read your e-mail from 3.14.98 (I
only have some 5000 e-mails
> to read!) and saw you were interested in getting
another elite meter.  I run a
> business called Diabetes Resource Center and at the
present we are doing free
> elites for a trade-in.  If you are interested, you
could call 650.697.0233 or
> e-mail me back.  I'll try to watch for an e-mail
from you.  I was able to get
> my soft-serter free from Mini-Med with an invoice
showing purchases of
> soft-sets, although that promotion ended some time
ago.  But it certainly
> would be worth a call to Mini-Med.  I find most
manufacturer's are fairly
> accomadating, as long as you are using their
products!  Susan May -
> email @ redacted
>
> - ----------

Lawlessness ,  A free roll
> >of Sweethearts for the best answer to the
following question-

> >What did the Diabetic say to the police officer
who pulled her over for
> >weaving in and out of traffic ?
>
> I can't think of a damn thing (pardon my English)
that would be humorous in
> answer to this question.
>
> Diabetes and driving is a sore subject, and there
just isn't anything funny
> about it.  There's been too much noise made for too
many years about getting
> 'dangerous diabetics' off the road, and we
responsible ones will be the ones
> made to suffer for it when it finally occurs.
>
> Sorry to vent, but the thought of my license being
revoked because of my
> disease makes me really hot under the collar...
>
> DanO
>
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:52:30 EDT
> From: MADKT <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] refrigerating insulin
>
> Ruth,
> I work in the British Trade Centre in Houston.
Straight from an Irishman and a
> gentleman from Wales . . . both said it is rare for
the temperature to exced
> 72 degrees F. You can expect temps from 60 -70.
>
> Also, I've been on humalog for 1 1/2 years in
Houston and it gets hot!!!
> Haven't had a problem. I believe humalog is more an
issue with site than heat.
> But I do refrigerate my insulin until use. Then I
have a full cartridge for
> about 5 - 7 days unrefridgerated.
>
> The only time I've made allowances was when basking
in the sun. At that time I
> put my pump in a frozen cuzzie. :)
> Katie
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:53:28 EDT
> From: Yram1958 <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] glucose powder?
>
> The glucose tabs(DEX4) that Walgreens carries can
be order directly from Can-
> Am-Care Corperation 1-800-481-7448 in tubs of 50
tablets. I live in Arizona
> and can purchase them at Price Costco Club by 50
for $3.85. They come in
> lemon,grape,raspberry and orange flavor.With 3 of
us in my house having
> diabetes I usually end up bying 6 tubs at time  to
keep in hand.
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:58:09 EDT
> From: Yram1958 <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Glucose tabs stuck in tube
>
> I use a large prescription container it will hold 8
dex 4 tablets.