Re: [IP] Accucheck

Audrey-
The cable and "user" software for the Accuchek is supposed to be
available before the end of the year.  Currently there is a utility
program for the Accuchek called Accutiltiy.  This allows you to
customize events and stuff on the meter.  I believe it will also
download all your readings into the computer.  Supposedly the Accutility
software is for health care professionals only.  I was able to request a
copy of the software and cable with the assistance of my CDE.  Haven't
received it yet.  Will let you know what exactly it does once I get it.

The method for using the Accuchek is similar to other metters.  Insert
the strip, place a drop of blood on the strip.  The machine turns on
automatically when a strip is instered.  Takes 40 seconds to get the
result.  I like the meter because of the menu driven interface.

B-M has a web site, but B-M is now owned by a company called Roche.  The
Roche Website is full of everything this company makes, and it's kind of
hard to find the bg meter stuff.

Try this page:

http://www.diabeteslife.net/

OR call Boehringer Mannheim at 800-858-8072 for more information.

Becky D.