[IP] Over and over...

I'm a patient woman, but just because Susan gets
5,000 e-mails per day, does that mean we have to?  :-}

---insulin-pumpers-digest
<email @ redacted> wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest      Monday, April 6 1998
  Volume 02 : Number 209

> Date: Sun, 5 Apr 98 19:27:17 UT
> From: "Patrick May" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer
Elite

> Hi Ernie - I just read your e-mail from 3.14.98 (I
only have some 5000 e-mails
> to read!) and saw you were interested in getting
another elite meter.  I run a
> business called Diabetes Resource Center and at the
present we are doing free
> elites for a trade-in.  If you are interested, you
could call 650.697.0233 or
> e-mail me back.  I'll try to watch for an e-mail
from you.  I was able to get
> my soft-serter free from Mini-Med with an invoice
showing purchases of
> soft-sets, although that promotion ended some time
ago.  But it certainly
> would be worth a call to Mini-Med.  I find most
manufacturer's are fairly
> accomadating, as long as you are using their
products!  Susan May -
> email @ redacted
>
> - ----------
ernie garcia
> Sent: 	Thursday, March 12, 1998 11:19 PM
> To: 	email @ redacted
> Subject: 	[IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer Elite
>
> Hi,
> I'm trying to build-up my backup kit, and I'm stuck
on two items:

> Minimed's Sof-Serter
> & a Glucometer Elite (BG meter by Bayer).
>
> Anyone have either, or both of these they'd like to
get rid of?

> I know I can buy the SOF-SERTER from Minimed for
$50.00, and the Glucometer
> Elite from my pharmacy at $75.00, but I hate to pay
retail for these.

> I already have one of each, but I'd like to keep a
backup set at the office.

email @ redacted
> DX ~18 years  Minimed 507 pumping Humalog ~ 5
months --& It's great!
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 5 Apr 98 19:27:17 UT
> From: "Patrick May" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer
Elite

> Hi Ernie - I just read your e-mail from 3.14.98 (I
only have some 5000 e-mails
> to read!) and saw you were interested in getting
another elite meter.  I run a
> business called Diabetes Resource Center and at the
present we are doing free
> elites for a trade-in.  If you are interested, you
could call 650.697.0233 or
> e-mail me back.  I'll try to watch for an e-mail
from you.  I was able to get
> my soft-serter free from Mini-Med with an invoice
showing purchases of
> soft-sets, although that promotion ended some time
ago.  But it certainly
> would be worth a call to Mini-Med.  I find most
manufacturer's are fairly
> accomadating, as long as you are using their
products!  Susan May -
> email @ redacted
>
> - ----------

that state as fact that
> nurtrasweet causes headaches, restless legs,
neuropathies, blurred vision and
> memory loss. I have headaches everyday, but
continue to use nutrasweet until
> the new sweetener is on the market.  I am
especially troubled with restless
> leg syndrome and loss of concentration (of course,
this is common with most of
> us as we age).  The side-effects are well
documented.
> Judy P.
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 01:02:36 EDT
> From: Rempy1 <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer
Elite

> Please, stop sending this piece of mail so many
times!  It is very anoying for
> most of us to sit here and delete.
>
>         Thank You
>
> Insulin-Pumpers website
http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 06:06:13 -0500
> From: "LBE FSD" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Reply --thanks, Ruth
--Gastroparesis challenges

> - ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01BD6122.1A45B440
>

> - ------=_NextPart_001_00B0_01BD6122.1A45B440
>
> I forgot to say that I am taking Propulsid at the
max dosage.  I too eat =
> some fat.  It's probably psychological, but if I
eat a few nuts (which I =
> love) I don't seem to have problems with that fat
(8 or 10 peanuts for =
> ex).  I also eat lots of veggies and complex carbs.
 Others laugh at me =
> because we eat so many weird grains, but my kids
will have tried more =
> foods by the age of 5 than most will by the time
they die.  I eat meat =
> once a day (except weekends, when I sometimes eat a
small portion at =
> lunch too) at supper -- usually about 4 ounces,
sometimes a bit less, =
> but not more.  All in all, it sounds as tho we use
similar plans.  =
> Unfortunately, mine is not working right now.  I
think maybe I need some =
> advice on changing my insulin (dosing) schedule.  I
manually downloaded =
> my Complete again last night and am going to take
it to my endo today.  =
> If I can avoid the nurses (the CDE who doesn't like
talking to someone =
> who already knows a little about her disease, and
her buddy, my docs =
<email @ redacted>
>     Date: April 05, 1998 07:35 PM
>     Subject: Re: [IP] Gastroparesis challenges
>    =20
>    =20
>     Lori,=20
>     I've never found anyone terribly helpful on
gastroparesis although =
> my access to good medical care has been uneven and
when I first had =
> terrible problems in 1989 or so doctors seemed
pretty uninformed or it =
> had not yet been much established or discussed.=20
>    =20
>     I've never found any of the prescribed courses
for living with =
> gastroparesis to work more than one or two meals
out of ten and my =
> doctor did confirm that few of the things that are
supposed to work =
> actually work well as a system for most people.  I
think most of us =
> experiment and find ways to combine ideas.  I
should emphasize that =
> these ideas don't always work either so see what
works for you.  I =
> usually find I have to give things a whole week to
figure out how they =
> are going.=20
>    =20
>     -Less fat of course but if I eat absolutely no
fat, I find that even =
> an apple starts to get slower and slower.=20
>    =20
>     -Some but not much protein.  For instance your
skim milk is half =
> protein which seems to slow things down.=20
>    =20
>     -Lots of vegetables and complex carbs -- i.e.
rice, potatoes, veggie =
> pasta (no fat) work great after about 2 weeks which
seems to what my =
> body needs to adjust.  Medium small portions seem
to work best.  When I =
> do lots of this, eat either one small portion of
protein 1-2 times a day =
> or one med-big portion every 2-4 days and if I walk
a reasonable amount =
> things seem to improve drastically and stay that
way for much longer  =

=== message truncated ===