[IP] Humalog and Kids

I've been on humalog for 1 1/2 years with little to no problem but am
considering going to a humalog vesulin mix. B.Burnett on this list wrote a
wonderful summary on issues dealing with humalog. He eventually found that he
was allergic to it making his case more unique. If you are intersted, email me
and i will dig it up.

Overall, I love the humalog but with a child I can see reason to use a slower
acting insulin. People ask about drawbacks to the pump and it seems to have
some similarities to humalog use.

In my opinion, humalog is the best insulin to come out so far and the pump is
the best means of controling diabetes so far. Outside of expense, the one
thing I see is that miscalculations (which happens with food, exercise, growth
etc...) have a quick and hard impact.

I have never had such good control as I have had with a pump and humalog but I
have also put myself in two VERY SERIOUS emergency situations in 1 1/2 years.
In 22 years prior, I was only in that type of situation once or twice.