Re: [IP] refrigerating insulin

I don't know about Humalog cuz for A) I dont use it at all and for B) I have
heard such horror stories on this list of it going bad so quickly.  You are
right about there not being much air conditioning in Ireland, though I tended
to stay in far cheaper places than you and your husband, I will assume.
Places like castles and museums definitely are NOT, neither is Blarney Castle
or the Guiness Factory.  I wouldn't worry if you were using Velosulin, as long
as you don't leave it out in your parked car for a couple of hours.  Always
keep it with you unless you can leave it in your hotel room.  I don't remember
ever being HOT in Ireland and I was there in July...but I was wearing shorts
so it couldn't have been too cool.

My first trip to Europe (1981), I carred a big old thermos that I had to beg
for ice every morning.  Now, I have one of those fairly flt insulated bags -
inone side goes a frozen "ice" pack (not really ice - it is osmechemical) and
in the other side you could slide your insulin.  Surely you will be staying in
a place where you can refreeze the ice pack every night or perhaps you will be
staying in B&Bs and the host may not mind if you use his refrigerator (just
keep it in a bag or something so he doesn't freak and think you are some kind
of American drug dealer.  Also do NOT leave any syringes or site insertion
stuff laying around in room garbage cans.  Take it with you when you leave and
dispose of it where someone one won't find it and have you arrested - NOT
speaking from experience)

One last hint, if you kiss the Blarney stone, make sure your pump is well
attached with the clip, you literally lay down with your head and shoulders
hanging over the edge of the castle wall , 200 feet in the air, and a guide
will help you slide down far enough to kiss it (if you dare - there are some
nasty rumors regarding the actions of misguided youths with too much time on
theri hands)

Have fun