Re: [IP] refrigerating insulin

Ruth Elowitz wrote:
> Sara or anyone with a pump,
> My husband and I are going travelling in Ireland and Wales for 4 weeks
> (May/June).  I have recently started using Humalog.  Can I count on the humalog to
> last that time?  How carefully do I need to refridgerate it?  I don't think either
> Ireland or Wales gets that hot but I also don't think they have much air
> conditioning.

Not ral sure exactly how cool it needs to be kept, but it shouldn't get
over about 80 F for any amount of time. Perhaps a small foam cooler
with ice, keeping the bottles from touching the ice, would be good.
That presumes that ice is available generally, which may not be.

Another thought, people have been saying that mixing 1 part R or Velosulin
with 5 parts Humalog seems to stabilize it. Maybe if you premixed all of the
bottles you take before leaving it'll hold better?

Ted Quick