Re: [IP] Re: Velosululin

Regular insulin may be too long acting (not short) to take for nighttime highs
b/c it will hit in the middle of the night (supposedly when you are asleep).
Humalog would help here -- worst case, you can stay up 2-3 hours longer to wait
until its done.    The snack at night idea might work if your pump doses were
mistakenly set  (basal rate perhaps) for a night meal you haven't been eating.
If your basal rates are set right, the extra snack will make your BG sky rocket
unless you bolus.  IF you have good bolus caluculations and skills than its fine
to eat a snack, but if they are less than good, I think it would be much much
safer to eat snacks when you are awake to blood test and make sure the insulin
and food matched.   If you keep adjusting your insulin by adding more food you
will quickly gain lots of weight and this could cause you to need to further
adjust your doses for your added body mass.  If you need to gain weight that's a
good strategy.  Otherwise, you probably want to decrease your insulin until your
BGs remain in the normal range.

Good luck