Re: [IP] Humalog

Michael can probably give us a better answer but I also noticed my insulin
requirements are less with humalog.  My husband and I have speculated on
this and he thinks that it is probably b/c in the course of spreading the
dose (bolus) over the 4-8 hours velosulin can work for me I probably use
the insulin less efficiently.  The weight gain could be b/c of improved GB
control (esp if you had previously overlooked post prandial spikes).   If
you are eating reasonably the same (and not eating 6 times a day!),
exercising reasonably, and your BGs are in the normal range, your
metabolism should regulate it out over the next few months.  I know weight
gain is frustrating and doesn't feel good but controlling your BGs by
weight can be very dangerous!  Hang in there!