Re: [IP] To H or not to H

Since it sounds like you have set shots rather than to caluculate during the
day again and again, I'm not sure either one is actually harder.  You just have
to know the duraction curve of the insulin (the easy part) and be able to keep
caluculating that in as you make decisions all day.  I've done both  --
velosulin on the minimed pump for 17 years and humalog for 4 months and a
mixture for three months.  (I guess that's 3 -- isn't it? oops).  The harder
part about velosulin is that when I've run high or have inserted a bad needle
it can take 2-3 hours to address and anywhere from 2-12 hours to get back on
track.  Sometimes that runs into night time -- you can see that it just takes a
while to work out and get back under control.  Humalog adjusts quickly, you
need less insulin but lows also don't last as long.  I found the sites and lack
of stability annoying and tiring (especially because I have long work days
without much time or space to do my own things).  I like the mix -- recommended
here b/c it seems to give me the best of both worlds -- I can keep my more
reliable sets in as long as 4 days and I can correct a high rapidly.

Good luck!  Hope that helps.