Re: [IP] Hot Tubs

Nita wrote:
> I actually read in an article about diabetes that hot baths can actually
> lower a blood sugar.  Not sure if this is true or not, but I have started
> giving my daughter her baths after dinner!!!  Maybe it is the warm water
> calming us and lowering the stress level which is actually at work lowering
> blood sugars.....who knows?

Perhaps so, but also note thayt higher temp speeds up motion in fluid systems
(as in blood and insulin) and also speeds u reaction times in chemicals. So
yes, the hot bath will tend to speed up the absorption and/or activity of
insulin, but then later on (at least if not on a pump correctly programmed)
you will go high when the far end of the activity curve is shorter. There may
be wide variation in this affect from 1 person to another, so YMMV!

Ted Quick