Re: [IP] To H or not to H

Sweissie wrote:
>      When you disconect do you have a rubber stopper to put in the end or do
> you just leave it open to the wind .  If you do not use the stopper you can
> get an air pocket of 2,3,4 units so you are not getting insulin check the
> tubing for an air pocket and bolus befor you huck up again that will keep your
> numbers better.

Not exactly. When I disconnect I always aim the end connector straight up and
keep it parked above the rest of the hose. When I reconnect I just do a .2 unit
bolus to verify it. If that doesn't start showing insulin at the point I just do
it 1 more time.

The hose is too small to drain out even if aimed downhill for short periods.
I've never had to put as much back in as you say.

Ted Quick