[IP] refrigerating insulin

I differ on the insulin refrigeration question, but of couse YMMV:

I use Velosulin regular insulin straight up and I have been told by "real"
doctors and CDEs - not just a few unreliable quacks, that it is ok to leave it
unrefrigerated for about a month, which is about how long one bottle lasts me.
As long as you keep it out of direct sunlight or dont leave it in a car it
should be ok

having traveled throughout Europe and across this country and never having had
a problem with insulin losing potency, I would have to say that at least for
me,  and for periods of 6 weeks or less, refrigeration is not necessary,- and
I did alot of driving last summer.  I was literally homeless and toted myself,
my belongings and 6 bottles of insulin from Texas to Florida, and back, then
to Colorado and back, and the whole way my insulin at in the back seat and I
experienced no problems.

Last May I took 3 bottles to France to last the 6 weeks I was gonna be there
(a just in case bottle that i didn't need), both bottles I used never had any
problems despite being kept in my backpack for most of the time.

OF COUSE, I have other bottles in reserve, which I keep in the refrigerator
until I need them.

Incidentally, I also noticed a difference in the pain level when I used to
inject insulin - when it was refrigerted it hurt more than when it was room