[IP] infusion sights

I have been pumping since March 16/98 and I love it.  I feel great and
my bg's have levelled right out; very few highs which has always been my
problem.  I am using Sof-Set QR's and switched to Humalog when I went on
the pump.  I have noticed that when I pull out my infusion set I get a
drop or two of blood/insulin and shortly after removal I get this lump
that looks like a tiny volcano (complete with extremely small crater in
it) where the canula was.  A day or so later I have a pea sized lump
that is a bit sore but then goes away after a few days.  It heals ou in
about a week which is good for me because I am a very slow healer.  I am
up to 6 days on a set (twice in a row now) but I have had no swelling or
pain and no redness other than that I get from the tape which I suspect
doesn't like me.  Is this normal?  Any thoughts on this?