Re: [IP] which pump?

> <<
>  Please help me listmates.  I am trying to decide which pump to get for
>  Jessica.  Any comments from both sides would be helpful in the decision.
>  At this point I am leaning toward the Minimed 507, but other kids out there
>  please speak up if I am wrong!!
>  Nita
>  Mom of Jessica age 6, Type 1 for 5 years, Humalog and N...soon to be
>  pumping!!
>   >>

Im personally would rather have a disetronic for personal and lifestyle
reasons, but for a child I would lean toward the minimed 507.  You
obviously will have to be involved in the pump usage and training, but
the mini-med is slightly easier than the disetronic to operate and use.
Your child can, in fact do most day to day functions such as bolusing
with just the touch of a button and there is an audio cofirmation so
that it is quite clear how much insulin will be given.  But I urge you
and your daughter to look at and actually program and use both pumps
before making a decision.