Re: [IP] Anyone w/o Insurance interested in a One Touch Profile?

I've been thinking about the Profile but might be able to get my insurance to pay (Kaiser).  I have a One Touch II and need two functioning meters since otherwise I keep getting stranded with one at home.  I'm also trying to get Kaiser to update my pump before I loose my insurance so it would be great not to have to ask. I've also been trying to get a hold of an Accucheck Complete (so far no luck).  We are thinking of getting pregnant and with very hectic teaching schedules I want to be able to put BG info on the machine.   BUT if there is someone else who has no other access to a meter or no insurance, please give it to them before me.

If no one else steps up, I'd go for plan B.  I once had a cable and may be able to track it down so, again, if someone else needs that give it to them.

Thanks much for the offer!

Ruth Elowitz

Becky Draper wrote:

Hello All-

I have decided to adopt my new Accuchek Complete as my "meter of
choice."  I also have an Accuchek Advantage for my backup meter.

Therefore, I have the following items to be donated to anyone on this
page who doesn't have insurance:

One Touch Profile Meter
125 test strips

One Touch Profile Meter
125 test stips
In Touch Software & Manual
Data cable for the One Touch (transfers data from meter to PC)
The In Touch Software prints out all kinds of logs and neat charts.

My One Touch Profiles are in good condition.  I'll clear all of my old
readings out of memory with my software.  They'll be just "like new"
when you get them.

The One Touch Profile records bg, events, insulin type and dosage,
carbs, boluses.  It does bg date averaging, bg event averaging, and even
asks you, "do you need a snack?" if it thinks your bg is low.

If you are interested, please email me directly with your name and
address.  Let me know if your interested in "GIVE AWAY PLAN A" or "GIVE

First come, first serve.

Becky D.
Becky Draper
Hammond, WI