Re: [IP] carb count of sugar

Youre a mathmatical genius...can i email you to calculate my bolus
amounts...i am REALLY s-l-o-w at math so you might get the answer to me
faster...i also like the way you step by step explained the equation you
went thru to get the results...you may think i'm kidding but i am a math
density...nothing gets thru...no offense michael but sara...we may have
to get together so you can explain to me how to do the basal rate
estimator...last time i went in there i tried to calculate my carb to
insulin ratio and it spit back the same numbers...i don't know...maybe i
did such a good job figuring it out from pumping insulin that i already
have the right numbers??????

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998 21:31:42 EST URTAsef <email @ redacted> writes:
>I believe one (1) teaspoon of sugar/honey/brownsugar etc has 16
>calories of
>pure carbohydrate - no fat no protein
>so, 16 divided by 4 (which is how many calories 1 gram of carbohydrate
>has) =
>                           four (4) grams of CHO
>So a little less than 3 teaspoons of sugar = 15 grams of cho
>If you take 1 unit of insulin for 15 grams of cho, then for 4 grams of
>you would take .2 or .3 units depending on if you round up on round
>down on

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]