[IP] Kidney problems

I went to a lecture by one of our local nephrologists about a year ago.  He
said that most diabetics who will have kidney problems develop them within
5-10 years of onset of the diabetes.  Technology has allowed doctors to know
much earlier that a patient has the early signs of kidney problems and can
delay the progression dramatically by putting patients on ace inhibitors.
Just do your best to keep those sugars in control and you can help yur
kjidneys tremendously.  He also (the kidney doc) said that some diabetics are
more susceptible to kidney damage than others, and if you have not developed
kidney problems after 15 years with diabetes, chances are very good you won't.
That made me happy.
Good luck to you.