Re: [IP] Disetronic HTron V100+ question

Kaseyfs wrote:
> Could someone please explain the Velosulin to me?  I've only heard about using
> H or R.  What is Velosulin and why is it used?

Velosulin is a variant of R, made by NovoNordisk, rather than Lily.
It's buffered, which doesn't change the effect from that of R, but the
buuffereing used to be considered necessary for insulin pumps, more
particularly the hoses. Hoses used to clog up when using R, and Velosulin
flowed better.

Anymore it doesn't seem to matter, Velosulin is a bit hard to get in some
areas, and the anti-clogging feature doesn't prove out in modern infusion
sets. Technology marches on......

Ted Quick