[IP] Protein in kidneys.

Hi all:

Just got a call today from my endocrinologist and was informed that even
though my A1C was 6.1 (the good news), I have more protein in my kidneys than
last year.  A year ago, after the 24 hour urine test, he put me on Lasix and
Florinef.  I also have Addison's Disease, so the Florinef keeps me from being
dehydrated from the Lasix.  Apparently, this combo is not working so now he
putting me on an ace inhibitor.   Have any of you had experience with this

Diagnosed with Type I July '93.  Isn't this rather soon to have kidney
problems or am I just hoplessly naive?  Would really appreciate your imput.

Iona Mc Allister