Re: [IP] carpal tunnel syndrome

Mary Jean,

I had surgery for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome a year ago.  I tried the traditional
treatments first, like cortizone injections and wrist guards while I slept.
That relieved the symptoms in my left hand but it didn't help in the right.
The surgery was done on an out-patient basis and went well and I am completely
recovered.  I no longer have trouble with the hand falling asleep and I don't
have to wear the wrist guard at night.  My hand doctor said diabetics are more
prone to this, I have no diabetic complications, so who knows.  I also had a
condition called "trigger finger" which also required surgery.  If that is all
I have to contend with in regards to diabetic complications I will consider
myself blessed.

Cindy Bonsteel