[IP] Insulin to Carb ratios

We're still adjusting Stephanie's rates (basals seem to be pretty well settled, now we're working on insulin to carbs), and I'm curious about something. I had figured at about 1 unit to 15 g carbo as a starting place based on her earlier experiences. After 8 days of pumping (yee-hah!) it's starting to look like it might be more like 1 unit to 10 g carbo. I'm surprised, because I thought since she was fairly small (65 lb. skinny-minny) the ratio would be larger. Is insulin to carb ratio directly tied to weight, or is it more complicated, as in metabolism rates play a part, etc.? Any help would be appreciated...even suggestions of books to read where I could learn more. Thanks!