Re: [IP] Disetronic Pumps

> I have a Disetronic. In a year and half I have had no problems with either
>  the two pumps sent to me. The explanation that I have received from
> Disetronic
>  about why they send two pumps is ...
>  One provides back up for the other in case of emergencies. If I manage to
>  smash my pump in a car door, it sure is nice to have the back up. I
> certainly
>  like the reassurance. And I do not want to go to injections. Yes, they do
> stop
>  running in two years BY DESIGN. There are warning alarms well inadvance of
> the
>  date and you have the second pump!

  On the other hand give Mini-Med a little slack. By calling the 800 number
and speaking with them, you can get a pump in 24 hours. Also, I have been
speaking with some MM users who were using their 506's for 8 years or more. I
think overall, both pumps are very reliable and your selection shouldn't be
based on this factor.