Re: [IP] Disetronic HTron V100+ question

Subject: Re: [IP] Disetronic HTron V100+ question

<< Sounds like you need to get the Disetronic reps in gear.  Let them
 >show why they only sell pumps in pairs, and let them explain that the
 >D pump shuts off after two years operation.

I believe the above comments came from Randall. (If not, sorry Randall).
These are pretty harsh words and rather inflammatory yet I don't see any
up to your implied accusations.

I have a Disetronic. In a year and half I have had no problems with either
the two pumps sent to me. The explanation that I have received from
about why they send two pumps is ...

If I had to venture into why I assume they do things this way . . . I would
put it to the fact that the company has not been around as long a minimed
they are insuring their product. I wish more companies would do things like
this. It would have been nice to have two Chevy trucks as ours has been
recalled three times!

I was told that the other reason that Disetronic sells their pumps in pairs
is that their European Market requires backup systems, hence the 2 pumps.
Rather than have two different product packages, they kept the 2 pump
arrangement.  I also think that they consider it a good marketing
difference from MiniMed.