Re: [IP] "Give me Diet Coke or Give Me Death"

I no longer use aspartame either.  I had used it ever since it came out and
had no problems.  Then about 2 years ago, I was having more and more severe
headaches and problems concentrating.  I went through my diet after other
things were ruled out, and once I took out aspartame, I was clear headed,
with no headaches.  I waited a month, then tried a Diet Coke (my favorite
too) and had the worst headache.  I did this a couple of times but had to
give it up.  This totally traumatized me, since I really did not want to
and the arrival of aspartame was a huge deal to me when it came out -
drinking pop and appearing normal!  Being a teenager was such fun :'P

A month ago I had diet gingerale at a party without thinking, and spent the
next day paying for it.  I drink water, unsweetened iced tea (rare in BC
unless home-made - Starbuck's makes it in season aka when they remember and
it is really hot out) and tea.  I use sugar in my tea and account for it.

>Is there anyone out there that does not drink diet soda or use
>aspartame??? I have experienced memory problems, I believed to be
>related to my consumption of aspartame. I gave it up over six months ago
>and have more energy and a much better memory. My drink of choice now is
>spring water with a slice of lemon. I use regular sugar in my coffee and
>use sugar on/in other things too - I just calculate the cho in my bolus.
>It's been working great! My last HBA1C (got back today) was 6.5 - just
>where I want it while pregnant!

Vancouver, BC, Canada