[IP] Re: periods of vomitting

You could try regular soda (ginger ale or coke) instead of crackers or
milk. That's what I drink -- it has a calming effect on my stomach, whereas
dairy products are likely to be irritating.  And lots of sugar. I recently
had a virus where I drank and ate nothing but ginger ale for 2 days
(yuck!). But my blood sugars stayed ok.

When my (non-diabetic) daughter had the stomach flu, her pediatrician
recommended jello and popsicles. Those are also easy-on-the-stomach, high
sugar foods.