[IP] Re: Dex/Elite

Thanks Craig and Randall.  I don't think I can wait till Jan '99, so I'll
just get another Elite.  I can't see how the meter position can make any
difference.  The strips use capillary action to suck in the blood the
required few mm--gravitational forces over that short distance are quite
secondary.  If they made it easier to open the Elite strip packages, one
wouldn't have much need for the Dex at all.  Maybe that's why. :-)

 <<I think I originally made the post for some input on the Dex meter. What you
said is true about this being the same as the Elite for serum testing. I have
been using the Dex meter for about a month now, and have found absolutely
nothing wrong with it's accuracy which some have said was its downfall. I
continue to respond by saying thats its easier to use, more convenient and
ACCURATE. One post stated they got 150 point difference in their readings. I
cannot even imagine results like this based on my usage. Although no software
is available yet that I know of, I think it is great!

<<I've been talking to the rep for the Dex meter and found out some
interesting information.  Apparently there is a quality control
problem with some of the strips that is causing some batches to give
the variability in readings.  You also have to hold the meter level
so the strip will pull up the proper amount of blood.  The quality
problem is related to the strip pulling up the blood - apparently
some strips aren't working well here because of manufacturing
problems.  I was told that they are delaying the final introduction
of the meter until January 1999 as they continue to work on this
problem and also the problem of ramping up their production of strips
becuase the demand is high.  I was also told that for those in the
study this means that they will continue to provide the strips free
of charge.
Apparently they have a lot of confidence in the meter and are
spending a lot of money to get a part of this market.  Given the
number of strips that are being consumed by the trial this must
represent a healthy investment...
Randall Winchester>>

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.