[IP] Why Those Infrared Ports Are There On Your MiniMed 507

I asked the MiniMed rep about the ports on the 507. Her response was:

"We will soon have a "communication Station" where you can download the
information from your pump and then with a modem can send that information
to the doctor who could from his computer adjust your basal rates.  Thus,
the ports."

If I can download the pump and download my meter, I want software to combine
the output of the two so I can get lots of neat charts to look at. I also
want the software free. It's cheaper to produce than the meter and they
give those away. Besides, why should the doctors be the only one with all
the neat toys?