- You need to know how to respond to pump alarms - they will occur from time to time. Knowing what the alarms mean and how to respond to them may save you some frustration and needless concern.
- It makes sense to know how to stop a bolus before you learn how to start a bolus - kind of like knowing where the brakes on the car are located and how they work before you step on the gas for the first time.
- If you program a bolus incorrectly, you need to know how to stop the pump before the wrong bolus is delivered.
Stopping bolus delivery ...
MiniMed 506 or 507 pump:
Disetronic H-TRONPlus V100 pump ...
- From the "clock screen" press SEL button twice to get to the SUSPEND screen. The screen will now be blinking.
- Press the ACT button to stop delivery of the bolus. The pump beeps, the screen displays the letter -S-, the word STOPPED, and the time which you placed the pump into STOP mode. Note: Your pump will now be in STOP mode, and insulin delivery will be interrupted until it is put back into RUN mode.
(Pressing SEL then ACT will restart your pump. Remember to do this, or your pump will remain in STOP mode!)
You have three opportunities to cancel the bolus with the Disetronic pump:
- Before the bolus confirmation beeps: Press the "opposite" button to the one you pressed to program the bolus amount. This will return the bolus amount to
0.0, and no bolus will be delivered. In other words, if you pressed the m button to start the bolus, press the h button to stop it (and vice versa).
- After the bolus confirmation beeps (before delivery): Place the pump into STOP mode by pressing the h and m buttons until the pump beeps and the display shows STOP.
- During delivery of the bolus: Placing the pump into STOP mode will interrupt bolus delivery.
To place the Disetronic into STOP mode, press the h and m buttons at the same time and hold for 3 seconds. The pump will sound three short beeps, then one long beep. The word STOP appears in the display.Note: Your pump is now in STOP mode and insulin delivery will be interrupted until it is put back into RUN mode.
To return the Disetronic to RUN mode: Press the h and m buttons at the same time and hold for 3 seconds. The pump will sound one long beep, then three short beeps when the word RUN appears in the display. Remember to do this, or your pump will remain in STOP mode - no insulin will be delivered until the pump is returned to RUN mode!