Insulin Pumpers Chat Room Guidelines
Insulin Pumpers Chat is a friendly chat and we are all here to get along, have fun,
share our lives, and meet other people who are interested in diabetes and
insulin pumps. To keep the chats pleasant, we have adopted the following rules.
Insulin Pumpers reserves the right to suspend or revoke the membership
privileges of anyone it believes to have violated the spirit or intent of
these or other rules of conduct for participation in its forums.
- No name calling or insults: Be polite and respectful to all chatters,
guests, and hosts.
- No advertising: Use of the chat rooms for commercial or non-commercial
promotion or advertisement without the prior consent of Insulin Pumpers is
prohibited. Posting links to private, non-commercial web pages is allowed
as long as you're not selling anything and the page does not contain or
promote racist, pornographic, or illegal content.
- No religious/political content in the main chat rooms: Please keep
religious and political discussions to a minimum and preferably keep such
topics in the Off-Topic room, which is set up for that purpose.
- No offensive content: The chat rooms are used by people of all ages.
Offensive content will not be tolerated. Posting words or displaying
behavior that is violent, obscene, crude, rude, pornographic, or in other
ways offensive to others will not be tolerated. Remember, all chats are
archived. Don't send a message that you would not want someone to see
months down the road.
- Do not use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS: Using all capital letters is considered
yelling.If you use caps all the time or too often, the Host/Admin will ask
you to stop.
- No flooding: All forms of flooding are prohibited. Flooding is defined
as continually saying the same thing over and over again (3 times or more),
or typing random, meaningless letters/symbols repeatedly.
- Do not disrupt the flow of chat: Some users engage in this sort of
activity to disrupt other users' chatting, slow down the server, or get
- No spoofing: Forging the identity of a user or machine in an electronic
communication, also commonly referred to as spoofing, is not permitted and
will result in the suspension or revocation of your privileges.
- Abide by the wishes of the chat Host/Admin: In a chat, the Host/Admin is
ultimately the one who determines what is appropriate and what is not. If
the Host/Admin asks you to stop doing something, stop doing it. You can
write to HELP@insulin-pumpers.org if you feel you have been treated
unfairly, but you must obey the request of the Host/Admin.
If you believe that someone has acted in violation of these rules, please
report the member name, time, chat name, and circumstances to
HELP@insulin-pumpers.org in a timely fashion.
[MEDICAL ADVICE DISCLAIMER]
[CONTACT INSULIN PUMPERS]